Sunday, August 1, 2010

Great new recipe

School is back in session...:( ...which means I have to prepare my lunch daily. I usually eat tuna or a sandwich (BORING). While picking up packaged tuna at Wal-Mart on Saturday I saw a pretty picture of the tuna with some peppers and black beans...and to my surprise the recipe was on the back. After reading the recipe I bought MOST of the ingredients and added some extra of my own. I got home, whipped it up in no time, and to my surprise it is AWESOME! It is great on a bed of lettuce, on a cracker, I even put it on my tacos last night!

Here is the quick and easy recipe:

2 packages of 2.6 ounce Starkist tuna
1 diced red bell pepper
1 diced yellow bell pepper
1/2 diced red onion
1 diced green onion (I did not put this in my recipe)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can southwestern style corn ( I added this in)
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tbsp cumin
some squirts of lime juice

Mix the canola oil and cumin separately, then pour on top of the other and mix. Refrigerate and serve!
It doesn't look as pretty here....but its good, I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment