Thursday, December 30, 2010

New York!

On December 16th, my sister in law and I made a trip to NYC. I have been before but it was her first trip. Thanks to some help and suggestions by Hollie, we had a fully packed trip! We stayed at the W Hotel Times Square and it was very nice and convenient. On our first day we jumped straight into sight seeing and our first stop was Top of the Rock. It was awesome. We also went to lunch at BECCO, amazing italian place that I found on Trip Advisor. We order the pre fixe menu pasta. This was all you can eat salad and 3 different types of pasta....amazing! Here is us in Times Square (sorry I didn't rotate the pictures first!).


The famous Radio City Music Hall!!

On the first night we went to see Promises, Promises with Kristen Chenowith, Sean Hayes, and Molly Shannon. The show was AMAZING, but the experience was even better. During intermission I went to throw away my Reese cup trash and while looking for a trash can I asked a lady if she knew where one was. I saw her little boy and thought he was precious! I rubbed his head and told her how cute he was, only to look up and realize I was talking to Sarah Jessica Parker!! I almost died. She was so nice and thought my accent was hilarious. Her husband Matthew Broderick came up and he was socially awkward to say the least. I wanted to scream out "hey ferris" the whole time I was standing there. So to say the least after my first day in NYC my trip was complete. Here I am with my sippy cup of wine. I didn't get a pic of her on my camera, only on my cell phone....sorry! Its on my facebook page if you want to see her!


This is Macy's all dressed up for Christmas...so Pretty! So pretty and SO big, I was totally overwhelmed by 9 stories of shoppers bliss.

9th floor of Macy's was Christmas decorations and it was beautiful. I wish someone would come decorate my house like this....wishful thinking.
Inside Bergdorf Goodman....where no pictures were allowed. I love this store only because I walk in and watch people who shop there and wonder what their husbands do...Shane needs to find this out too.


St. Patrick's Cathedral. They were having their Christmas program the night we went in for a visit. It was awesome and very surreal to experience a ceremony in the church.



At the end of night one, we went to dinner at Nobu in Tribeca and it was wonderful. Jenny recommended the Yellowtail with Jalepeno and it was delish. We also had shrimp tempura and sea bass..yummy! This was also when we learned to use the subway. After we learned this we used it everyday......I felt like a real New Yorker.



Us starting off day 2!

First stop, every woman's dream...Dylan's Candy Bar. I got lost in here, and gained a few pounds too!

A three story candy store....can I move in??


After Dylan's we went to Serendipity which is right down the street! So cute and great coffee.

Next up....Central Park.


After that we went on a tour of NYC and stopped in SoHo, Greenwich Village, Ground Zero, Wall Street, Canal Street, and China Town. The pictures from all of those stops were blurry, I was frozen!
That night we ate at Blue Fin, the restaurant at the W. Simply fabulous. After dinner we ran into the Naked Cowboy..and then had makeovers at MAC!



Day 3...more shopping. Fao Scharwz , Tiffany, Cartier, Bloomingdales, and more. After shopping ALL day we went to Magnolia bakery for some goodies and I must say...I like South Georgia cupcakes much much better. We then went to Madam Tussauds!
Janis Joplin....one of my favorites of all time!

This was a little shocking. A girl I did pageants with, Kandice Pelletier, was the rockette wax figure in Madam Tussauds. How funny???

J. Lo is much smaller in person and her butt is not THAT big!

Yao Ming...WHOA!
The big Tree at Rockafeller Center. On the day we got there Maria Menunos was ice skating in the rink in front of the tree! We didn't see her though, only heard all the commotion.


On the last night we went to the movies and saw Black Swan, it was phenomenal and I highly recommend it! I hope you enjoyed my pictures...happy New Year!













1 comment: