Saturday, February 5, 2011

Signing Day!

This past Wednesday was college football signing day!! My "baby" signed with Fort Scott Community College in Fort Scott Kansas. We were all so proud of him. His name is Van Williams and I met him 3 years ago when I taught one of his cousins. I didn't fully adopt him until his junior year. When he came to me he was not doing so well and was hanging out with the wrong people and making the wrong decisions. After one terrifying experience he decided he wanted to change. This is the kind of change he made!! The change he has made is incredible. He goes to church with my mom and dad every Sunday and spends the afternoons with my family. He knows the opportunities that are ahead of him and he is doing everything he can to make something of himself. He had division one school offers but because of his early setbacks he did not have the classes to go division one. He chose this school because of their high placement of their players in D-1 schools.
I am so proud of him and am excited to see where this opportunity takes him!! I am not ready for him to be 15 hours away to I can't go and whip up on him if I have to. Both of our families have already started looking into charter flights! I LOVE my job and the opportunity it gives me to make a difference in people's lives. If you ever get a chance to volunteer at a high school or middle school please do it! Our youth are in desperate need of role models. I promise you will not be sorry. These kids impact my life daily and I thank God for allowing me to be an educator!

Look out for Vantavious Williams "Whoop" #5!


No comments:

Post a Comment