Wednesday, June 9, 2010

SNAKES!!

SNAKES!!


1.5ft Timber Rattlesnake...4 and 1/2 rattles!

Ok so you can see from my profile that I live in PITTS, GA. For those of you who don't know where that is...well its in the middle of NOWHERE, USA. We have no grocery store or stop light, but we do have an abundance of SNAKES! With my husband being a farmer, we live on the farm. We live in the middle of a 13 acre peacan orchard surrounded by fields. Well in fields you have mice, rabbits, and other small rodents and guess what most poisonous snakes diets consist of??? You got it mice and rabbits!
Well today while outside with my dog I walked up on this lovely creature...thank GOD I am used to it and calmly got my dog inside while one of the farm hands killed it! For those of you city slickers..this is about a 1 and 1/2 foot timber rattler!
Ok so my next blog just may be on how to tell the difference in poisonous and non-poisonous snakes...I promise not all snakes are bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment