Saturday, June 5, 2010

Swim + Bike + Run = ME

Hollie + Jenna = Triathletes!

This past Saturday Hollie and I became triathletes!!! (Wesley you are an honorary triathlete for all of your cheering, picture taking, loss of sleep, not trading in golf clubs, etc) We competed in the My First Triathlon at Lake Lanier Island. We swam 1/4 of a mile, bike 12 miles up some SERIOUS hills, and ran 3.1 miles. Hollie finished in 1:29 and I finished in 1:36 (the times in the pictures are not correct due to different start times for age groups!). I came in 16th out of 61 in my age group and 350th out of like 850 overall. Hollie finished 8th in our age group and 210th overall. She was also the 82nd runner out of all of the 850+ participants...basically she ROCKED it! We were very nervous but when it was over we felt GREAT. Big thanks to Wesley for going with us and supporting us! Another big thanks to Megan Wages for letting me use her bike...THANK YOU! Hope you enjoy the pics...I hope to upload video soon.

WARNING: MAKE UP AND HAIR PRODUCTS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT TRIATHLONS!





Its official we are triathletes!!






Swimming and biking.



Me finishing the bike.

Hollie + Jenna = Triathletes




















No comments:

Post a Comment